Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Dare

Oh did I mention that I was offered a free hair cut by 'Toni&Guy' about a week ago? Shirl Joyce and Me were stopped by a man scouting for people or should I say "heads with long hair?" for the salon. So the truth was..... they needed "guinea pigs" to let their trainee stylists to have hands-on practice with the guidance of the professional stylist. A question was posed to us: "Are you comfortable with a major change in your hair length?" I was almost hesitant to go for it when I heard that and my first and candid reply was "HUH?!?!?". Then after, the stylist told us that they were experimenting with creative cutting. This got me quite curious and so I went for it.

We sat down and the professional stylist came to us individually to ask us what hair styles we have in mind and gave advise on which hair style was best for us. He began whipping out markers; started drawing the outline of our heads, hair length and which direction to cut accordingly on the mirror. I found it really unique at how they teach the trainees how to go about cutting different styles "step-by-step". Pretty cool.

I was given a "star" parting on my head coupled with massive layering. (I can pass of as having concave/short hair if I were to hide the bottom half of my hair underneath. Heheheh)

So.. after a long and sleepy 3 hours spent at the salon with all the washing, blowing and cutting, I kinda had more volume added to my hair. HAHAHA. Well, I felt that it looked the same as my current but it feels less thicker and different when I tie/bun it up.

No comments: